Wednesday 2 November 2011

JK Rowling ‘considered killing Ron Weasley’ in Harry Potter series


JK Rowling has admitted that at one point of time she seriously thought of killing Ron Weasley in the hit Harry Potter series.

Although the author had originally planned not to kill any of the main characters, it was one of the low phases of life during which she pondered upon killing Harry Potter’s sidekick.

“I planned from the start that none of them would die,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.

“Then midway through, which I think is a reflection of the fact that I wasn’t in a very happy place, I started thinking I might polish one of them off, out of sheer spite.”

“I was thinking: ‘There, now, you definitely can’t have him any more.’”

But she always knew that she would not have taken this decision.

“But I think in my heart of hearts, although I did seriously consider killing Ron, I would not have done it.”

“Anyway, it’s a real relief to be able to talk about it,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment